Sweet Obsession, 4 by Four and...

Don't see your favorite song or artist in the Fullasoul Radio Music Library? Let us know!

Sweet Obsession, 4 by Four and...

Postby lisajaye » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:57 pm

Im currently looking for three cd's that are out of print:

4 by Four: a New Edition type group who came out with an album on Capitol Records in the late 80's
Sweet Obsession ( self titled debut)
Terri & Monica: Sugar
The Gyrlz: Love Me or Leave Me
Teen Dream: Games

I have searched Amazon, ebay & Half.com Anyone know where I can track these down?
lisajaye

Check This Out!

Postby Fullasoul » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:12 am

Hi Lisa! I apologize for the delay in responding to you....I was taking a bit of a 'mini-vacation' if you will....sorry!

ANYWAYS, as for the stuff you're after....by now I'm sure you know that most of these are quite rare. Since only you know how important it is for you to find each of these, I'll just try to share what I can on each one...

- Sweet Obsession: This one does pop up from time to time, but rarely will it go for anything less than about $50 anymore. If you're willing to pay in that general area for this one, I can probably secure one for you.

- The Gyrlz: This one is quite elusive....I myself don't own this one (partially because I always had this tendancy to confuse 'The Gyrlz" with "The Good Girls" back in the day, so when I found "The Good Girls" CD, I thought I had it covered, lol!). Anyways, I have no real leads on this one for you....it rarely even pops up anymore....but on the flipside, you can be assured I'll be looking out for it since you now know that even I don't have it!

- Terri & Monica: The results on this one are equally as bleak as "The Gyrlz". As odd as it is for a 2nd release to be so much more rare than the first (the "Systa" CD can be found VERY easily, as you probably know), this one very rarely comes around either. Best I can do on this one is keep my eyes peeled for you.

- Teen Dream (Games): This one is fairly difficult to come by, but not on the same level as the other stuff on your list. While I don't have this one in-hand, I'm quite certain I could secure one for you. The going rate on this disc (when you can find it, that is) is about $20. Remembering that's just an approximation, if you're willing to pay in that general area for it, I'll go about scoring one for you.

- 4 By Four: A personal fave of mine....really great album! The bad news is, this one's probably even more rare to come by than the others! The good news is, I BELIEVE I do have one of these available....it's just a matter of looking through my warehouse for it. I do have to warn you, though.....with this one, because of it's rarity, if I'm going to sell it outright rather than put it up on eBay, I probably won't take anything less than $80 for it. Unfortunately, it really is that hard to come by. I'll search my inventory for it anyways (as I'd kind of like to hear it again myself!), and you can let me know what you decide.

OK, Lisa...let me know about the few I do have leads on, and I will keep my eyes open for the others (as will a few of my collector-friends now that you've posted!).

Thanks!

Fullasoul
Fullasoul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lisajaye » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:16 pm

Thanks for the info. I'll look into my budget and see what i can afford to buy first :D
lisajaye

Postby privatefreeek » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:05 pm

The Terri & Monica - Suga album was never released. The album was pulled a few weeks before its release. I did manage to get a promo advance of the album - but its not something i pass around to people due to the amount i had to pay for it!
privatefreeek

Postby Fullasoul » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:19 pm

privatefreeek wrote:The Terri & Monica - Suga album was never released. The album was pulled a few weeks before its release. I did manage to get a promo advance of the album - but its not something i pass around to people due to the amount i had to pay for it!

Thanks for clearing that one up, my friend! I know I've seen it offered once or twice before, and I know it was close enough to releasing that there are consistantly published catalog #'s for the CD and cassette release, so without having actually tried to pick it up at release date, I couldn't really be sure that it had been pulled. I guess this explains why the few times I've seen it come 'round, it was far more than I was looking to pay for it ;)

Oh and BTW...since I never heard back from Lisa, I do have that 4 By Four CD up on eBay this week in case anyone's interested!

Fullasoul
Fullasoul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to I Wanna Hear...