Mint Condition, Whodini, Chic....

Don't see your favorite song or artist in the Fullasoul Radio Music Library? Let us know!

Mint Condition, Whodini, Chic....

Postby Fullasoul » Wed May 31, 2006 11:42 am

We're now taking pre-orders for the following releases, scheduled to release 06/06/06:

1. Mint Condition - 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection
2. Whodini - Funky Beat: The Best Of Whodini
3. Chic - Le Freak Live (DVD)

Fullasoul
Fullasoul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Check This Out!

Postby swingbeatlover » Wed May 31, 2006 12:12 pm

I'm very surprised the MINT CONDITION - Millennium Collection doesn't have ARE YOU FREE on the playlist, inparticular the killer 'Peppermint mix'. Likewise The Best of Whodini would surely have benefitted from having the track FREAKS from their 1991 set BAG-A-TRIX on it! :shock:

Both still very good "Best of's" non the less 8)
swingbeatlover

Postby Fullasoul » Wed May 31, 2006 12:38 pm

swingbeatlover wrote:I'm very surprised the MINT CONDITION - Millennium Collection doesn't have ARE YOU FREE on the playlist, inparticular the killer 'Peppermint mix'. Likewise The Best of Whodini would surely have benefitted from having the track FREAKS from their 1991 set BAG-A-TRIX on it! :shock:

Both still very good "Best of's" non the less 8)

Agreed....at least some of us have that nice, rare promo CD with all the Are You Free mixes on it.....but it would have been nice to see it on this set for sure.

As for the Whodini set....wow, I haven't heard "Freaks" in ages. I seem to recall having a promo single or two from the Bag-A-Trix album as well, but off-hand (and since I haven't added them to my archive yet), I don't remember if Freaks was one of them. Cool track though....I don't remember liking anything else on that album better than that song :)

Fullasoul
Fullasoul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby swingbeatlover » Wed May 31, 2006 1:54 pm

Yeah FREAKS was definately the stand-out track from that album. It was to be honest a bit of a disappointing album aside from that track, the group seemed really confused on what way they were going with it. It sounded like they were trying to cash-in on the NJS craze but still trying to hold onto their Rap roots. They should have more followed the example of artist like WHISTLE and PRINCE MARKIE DEE and either committed to a different style or kept with Rap like EPMD did, instead we end up with a very mixed set.
swingbeatlover

Return to I Wanna Hear...