Old School

From the stanky to the smooth, come and find yourself a groove!

Old School

Postby rickwitdamerc » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:14 pm

Just got here and may be out of line and if I am don't mind if somebody slaps me down. Put your experiences here. Slidin down and I find somebody that has just found Mavis Staples. This is Kool. Tell us here about the artists and places back in the day so that the younguns can see and feel the roots. I mentioned in my hellow that I saw James Brown here in Vancouver in the late sixties. Saw him the next year when he came back. Fred Wesley and the JB's were behind James. If you know Funk at all you must know Fred. Nuff said. Tell it here. Tell us who you went to see so that these artists can live forever in our hearts and the hearts of generations to come.
rickwitdamerc

Check This Out!

Re: Old School

Postby rickwitdamerc » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:32 pm

So here it is Sat. morning, this post has been here for a week and 63 people have looked at it. No one has made a comment. I am hoping that the powers that be here are overworked (thanks to you for doin it) and there are a couple of comments that haven't arrived yet. The only alternative here is that 63 people have had no experiences. No life. Am I wasting my time here trying? Are the people that set up the site spitting in the wind? If you have ever sat on a porch, in a basement, garage, club, bar or any other place and heard this kind of music, I and I am sure many more people, want to here about it. 63 people that have never been anywhere and done nothin?? Sad. Really sad.
rickwitdamerc

Postby rickwitdamerc » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:32 pm

OK. Goin to have to start this thing up. Go to Utube and punch in - the Larks "shadrack" killer gospel-soul. See and feel the history.
rickwitdamerc

Postby macp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:04 pm

Well I went to have a look & listen and thankyou for the introduction I will go now and listen to some more
macp

Return to Funk, Soul and RNB