Maxwell Says Tour Boosted His Confidence

The latest on all things soul...straight from the News Desk.

Maxwell Says Tour Boosted His Confidence

Postby fullasoul.com News Desk » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:51 pm

Maxwell may appear smooth and suave onstage, but he says it's all just an act.

The soul singer says he's actually insecure — so a concert tour last fall helped boost his confidence about releasing a new album.

"Just the encouragement, you can't imagine," Maxwell said at a reception Tuesday. "I'm an insecure person at best. ... I feel like going on the road, I got so much inspiration."

Maxwell used some of that inspiration to create his latest album, "BLACKsummers'night," due to be released July 7 and marks Maxwell's first album in almost 8 years.

"To have the gift of having people just need me to be onstage ... that was enough for me to make the best album I could make," he added.

Maxwell, best known for hits like "Sumthin' Sumthin'" and "Fortunate," spoke at a reception to celebrate his album's impending release. The album's first single, "Pretty Wings," has been released to radio stations already.

The album is due to be part of a trilogy. The second and third parts are supposed to be released in 2010 and 2011, respectively.

When asked what kind of reception he expected for the album, he said: "I try not to live by expectations.

"If you just do it with love, the rest will be taken care of."

Source: Associated Press
fullasoul.com News Desk

Check This Out!

Return to Top News Stories