Here's what's going on with fullasoul.com

News or updates regarding fullasoul.com

Here's what's going on with fullasoul.com

Postby Fullasoul » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:35 pm

As new visitors are dropping in, I want to take a moment and address the current state of the fullasoul.com website.

As some of you may know, a significant amount of work went into building the 2 main areas of the site (the store and the forum) over the last couple of years. Unfortunately, a random hacker attack crippled the forum in March of this year. At that time, I moved the store into the main index of the site and seriously contemplated leaving the forum to die.

Those of you who know me know that my passion for this music runs far too deep for me to ever walk away, regardless of whether or not I rebuilt the forum. I've worked both in and around this music (and the business that comes with it) for the majority of my adult life, and it's something I feel a lifelong connection to. It's because of that ongoing responsibility I feel we all have to keep real soul and R&B music alive that I decided to go forward and rebuild the forum from scratch.

There's good and bad that comes with this. The bad is that we lost a great majority (nearly a year's worth) of our posts. Backups weren't properly tended to, and the only one available left us not only without most of our posts, but a lot of custom features that had been built specifically for this site. The good is that since I never approach any task in half-assed fashion, I decided to rebuild from the ground up on a more current platform.

As you can see, I've already managed to get the new forum up and running with some very basic design elements. Because my vision for the site far exceeds any web design talent I possess (which is nearly zilch!), I've selected and hired a fantastic designer whom I believe will take the visual style of the site to the next level. I can't provide a real ETA for the new design...the designer I've hired is finishing up a previous job, and then will be starting our new design here very shortly.

Additionally, I'm working on some other, more useable aspects of the site for the not-too-distant future. One project is a "secret" project that I've been working on for over a year now...one that I believe will really allow us to bring significant attention to the independent artists who are trying hard these days to keep afloat doing what they do. When we're close, I'll speak further on that one :)

In the meantime, I hope some of you passing through will stay and kick it with us for a minute. If you're here, you're likely a fan of good music...and with that established, I invite you to treat the place like it's home.

Fullasoul
Fullasoul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Check This Out!

Return to Site News